Wednesday 22 August 2012

These Foolish Things - Jazz piano improvisation






You are listening to a famous song "These Foolish Things" (Remind Me of You). From what you have probably noticed this is an improvised version. The piano is a Baby Grand Yamaha GC1. I hope you enjoy it :-) More info: "These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)" is a standard with words by Eric Maschwitz and music by Jack Strachey. Harry Link, an American, sometimes appears as a co-writer; his input is probably limited to an alternative "middle eight" (bridge) which many performers prefer.It is one of a group of 'Mayfair Songs', like "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square".Maschwitz wrote the song under his pen name, Holt Marvell, for Joan Carr for a late-evening revue broadcast by the BBC. The copyright was lodged in 1936Maschwitz was romantically linked to the Chinese-American actress Anna May Wong while working in Hollywood, and the lyrics are evocative of his longing for her after they parted and he returned to England. Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski München
Video Rating: 4 / 5








ENGLISH TRANSLATION: The Kings of streets - Romance You see my friend, I remember everything and I can tell you that between this and million of other songs there is no difference Because the life, erases traces behind us in a good night, it releases strange devils so every dream is illuminated with cold sun and almost all memories have faded if you ask me I'd know only one thing that all colours only with this rhyme exist and night and day are a verse's trace and they will disappear when our songs fade away Play the romance tonight quietly, gently, to make the sorrow ache when the nightingale dies when the soul separates from the body Play the romance tonight but slowly so that everyone can hear it may the guitars play again I haven't listened to them in a long time They're telling me tonight that I'm in banana* techological waste like a monkey on a branch and I was the first internet in the world on ships with music netted the planet Even today I remember all the dreams of my songs all fantasies and faces that disappeared they are like shadows still a part of my awakenings trapped, inwrought in me long ago Play the romance tonight quietly, gently, to make the sorrow ache when nightingale dies when the soul separates from the body Play the romance tonight but slowly so that everyone can hear it may the guitars play again I haven't listened to them in a long time They're telling me tonight that I'm in banana techological waste like a monkey on a branch and I was the first ...

No comments:

Post a Comment