Thursday 13 December 2012

Nice Birds photos

A few nice Birds images I found:


Bronze Parrot Statue behind Tropical Palms
Birds
Image by epSos.de
This bronze parrot statue stands in front of large tropical palms in Punta Brava or Puerto Cruz de Tenerife. This picture was created by my good smelling friend epSos.de and can be used for free, if you link epSos.de as the original author of the image.

This modern art in form of a bronze parrot sculpture is a part of the local tourist attraction named the Loro Park.

The metallic color of this tropical bird statue is shining in dark golden color if the sun kisses the surface of this marvelous bird of metal.

Thank you for sharing this picture with your friends !


Ready for Takeoff
Birds
Image by jDevaun
Hopefully nobody will ask me what kind of bird this is.

I don't know.

In an effort to get an answer myself, I asked a friend of mine if he could help me identify it. Over the phone, he told me to describe it.

So I did:
"It's blue and...grayish, with...hhmmm...burgundy thighs. And a long beak."

*silence*

So we're just going to call it a crane.

UPDATE:
According to Flickr user Sidleydoc, it's a heron.


Osprey on guard.
Birds
Image by JIGGS IMAGES
Spotted this fine fellow on a recent bird watch walk. There were two mature birds and a young one being fed. Unusual for this time of year to see young in the nest. Photo taken at Elanora Wetlands, Elanora QLD.

"He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ringed with the azure world he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
Then like a thunderbolt he falls.

Alfred Lord Tennyson.

No comments:

Post a Comment